About the Centre
The Wales Centre for Behaviour Change (WCBC) will build on Bangor University’s internationally recognised academic reputation and award-winning applied research in the field of behavioural psychology and behaviour change.
“Behaviour Change” is a key policy area that is critical for establishing sustainable lifestyles and promoting economic prosperity.
WCBC will help to meet these global challenges, being a hub for collaborative R&D and innovation working alongside Welsh industry, and extending behaviour change systems and approaches to meet areas of need. It is a 2.5 year project funded in large part by the Welsh Govt. (Wales European Funding Office.)
WCBC will provide three primary services to assist businesses:
- A team of Research Officers, working alongside Bangor academics, will design and evaluate behavioural solutions to specific applied challenges presented to them from individuals, businesses and other organisations.
- Technology and Innovation will play an important role in the research and the centre will explore nudge techniques, mobile apps, gamification, 3D-visualisation, choice architecture and other embedded technologies in its work.
- A proportion of the work will incorporate investigations into the neuroscience of behaviour change including some functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) research.
Through a series of defined work-packages, WCBC’s aim will be to transfer relevant knowledge and resources to industry sectors to strengthen Welsh enterprises and improve competitiveness in the Convergence area and beyond.
The primary areas of research focus are:
- Behaviour-Based Safety
- Productivity & Well-Being
There is also a critical cross-cutting theme of:
- Sustainability and Energy-Awareness
For more information about us and our work please visit our commercial site www.behaviourscience.org